Family 2014

Family 2014

Family 2010

Family 2010

Sisters - 2010

Sisters - 2010

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Why can't I go??

The most important part of life are friendships. I truly believe this and live by this. I am with my friends as much as possible. Heck, I am on facebook looking at what my friends are doing on a daily basis. Friends support us and love us and we have so much fun with our friends!!

When I think about Cali and now baby Ryann it's hard to feel sad because they are so full of life and love. Now I watch Rae Rae at only 4 years old she is already having sleepovers and going to neighbor's houses to play, sadly Cali stays behind. It breaks my heart to watch her cry and beg to go. I don't even know how to explain to her why she can't go along. We try and make her feel better. "You will get to play with mommy and Daddy", we say. "You can help us with your baby sister", we say. How do you explain to an 11 year old girl that only her sister can go and play and she can't? I wish so much that she could experience these fun times of being away from home at a friend's house. She should be staying up late giggling and then coming home in the morning grumpy and tired from lack of sleep and too much fun. These are some of the small things you take for granted until you are faced with not having them. I feel so sad for her and now to think that Ryann will deal with the same challenges. I'm crying for sweet Cali and Ryann as I write this post. I know I have so much to be thankful for and I know I have to stay positive and see the bright side but it hurts. It hurts to watch your little girls miss out on anything that life has to offer.

I found this quote and love it: Regardless of whatever natural gifts we may have or lack, regardless of what obstacles and challenges we may confront, our souls are sacred and worthy of boundless love. (from the website for Friendship Circle, an organization that pairs teen volunteers with special needs kids)

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Cristy! we're always here for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cristy,
    I know it must be hard to see the things many of us take for granted that Cali is missing out on, and as a mother I feel your sadness. I guess you need to look at all of the other places in life where Cali and Ryann will be fulfilled in their own way. Every child has their own life experiences and only God is in control of what path our lives follow. Be happy for each special moment that your girls have together and individually. You are strong, positive, and truly full of love and your children feel it. That is what is most important. There is a quote I like that I am sharing below. Cristy, continue to stay strong and know that you and your family are loved by many!

    “Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.” ~Gary Zukav

    ReplyDelete