Family 2014

Family 2014

Family 2010

Family 2010

Sisters - 2010

Sisters - 2010

Monday, February 11, 2013

HOPE

I am feeling so emotional today that I had to sit and take the time to write. Yesterday at church there was a beautiful young girl that spoke. She was born with Cerebral Palsy and walked with a walker for most of her life. Now she walks independently and plays sports and her goal she is working tirelessly to achieve is to run a 5K. I was blown away with so many emotions while I listened her to her speak her story. How amazing she is, I thought. She is so motivated and she works so hard do the simple things most of us take for granted. Her huge accomplishment as of late was making it around the track one time. She talked about how painful it is to run and how she needs her team of family and friends to cheer her on and keep her moving. It makes me cry just thinking about her struggles and how she is so positive and determined. I can’t help but compare her to our two sweet girls. I can’t help but think about how amazing it would be for Cali and Ryann to be where she in one day. If only Cali and Ryann could one day walk without their walkers and maybe play sports and run with their friends. I am just a mom who wants to do everything I can to get them there. It’s hard sometimes to believe but I have to! I have to fight for them and cheer for them. I have to be their biggest support, their number one fan. We can’t give up! We have to work together as a family and stay on the right track. I pray and hope that with the new findings in their genetics that we may one day find something to help them. I am afraid to get my hopes up but I know it is better to believe than not to believe. I just don’t know what lies ahead and I hesitate to set us all up for failure. You just never know though! If we know what mutated gene they share that has caused their disease then maybe, just maybe, there may be other answers out there. I am so scared though to get excited. I have settled for all these years thinking this is it for them but now it may not be. It feels so exciting to have HOPE again. What a miracle it will be if we can find a special diet or medicine that allows them to balance and use their muscles like we do so naturally and easily. If only there was something that could help them. Please God hear our prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment